Thursday, April 02, 2009

My totally awesome new toy

I recently got a t-mobile G1 phone/music player/movie player/camera/calculator/bubble level/compass/picture viewer/browser/email client/dog walker (OK, I'm only joking about the dog walker -- we don't have a dog, what would be the point?). One of the free pieces of software I downloaded onto it is a barcode scanner. It's marketed as an application that allows you to comparison shop -- you go to the store, scan something, and then the browser opens up and you can look online or at other nearby stores (did I mention the GPS capabilities of this thing yet?) and see if they have it for a better price.

But what the hell? Am I really going to go to a store, only to get back in my car and drive to another store, perhaps to find that the thing I want is out of stock and now I've wasted time and gas? Or, better yet, since I do most of my shopping online anyway, if I'm in a store it's because I need the thing pronto ThankYouVeryMuch, and not two or three days from now.

But I downloaded the software anyway, mostly because I'm a geek like that and I like the idea of having a barcode scanner.

Fast forward to this evening. I had promised someone I would send them information about two hard-to-find books that I have. Problem is, I was having trouble hunting down the information online. So, I took out my trusty new toy and scanned the bar codes. Once the bar code was recognized, I clicked to go to the google book page corresponding to the book, and from there to one of the "buy this book" links.

Cool, no? But wait! There's more . . .

Bringing up the options menu for the page I found to buy the book, I clicked "send page," and my teensy tiny little machine pasted the url into an email, which it then correctly addressed based on the first two letters of the recipient's name (did I mention this is a google device which syncs automatically with my google contacts?). And then I sent the links. Brilliant!

How cool is this? (how geeky am I? Wait. Don't answer that -- I think I already know).

3 comments:

Liz (the other) said...

That is pretty darned cool. And I would never think that such and "app" would be useful.

Three post in one week! :-)

Katy said...

I totally want one. ;)
Glad to see you posting again!

Eva Lyford said...

very very awesome. And as for the shopping feature... I occasionally ask managers to honor competitor's prices if they have such a policy and thereby get the price I am willing to pay at the store I prefer. The barcode app facilitates this nicely.